This topic describes monitoring and alerts in Realtime Compute for Apache Flink and how to create an alert rule.
Introduction to CloudMonitor
CloudMonitor helps you collect the monitoring metrics of Alibaba Cloud resources or custom monitoring metrics, check service availability, and configure alert rules based on these monitoring metrics. This service helps you view Alibaba Cloud resource usage, business running information, and service health status. In addition, this service allows you to receive and respond to alerts in a timely manner to ensure that applications are running as expected.
View monitoring metrics
- Log on to the Realtime Compute for Apache Flink console.
- In the top navigation bar, click Administration.
- On the Administration page, click the name of the job whose monitoring metrics you want to view.
- In the upper-right corner of the Job Administration page, move the pointer over the More icon and click Monitor.
- On the page that appears, view the monitoring metrics of the job.
Create an alert rule
- The failover rate is the average number of failovers per second in the last minute. For example, if one failover occurred in the last minute, the failover rate is 0.01667 (1/60 = 0.01667).
- If you use a connector provided by the open source Flink during the development of a Flink DataStream job, the monitoring metrics service latency, read RPS, and write RPS are not displayed in the CloudMonitor console.