This topic provides an overview of word cloud charts and an example on how to use word cloud charts. This topic also describes how to configure word cloud chart styles and how to delete a word cloud chart.
A word cloud chart visualizes the frequency of words in a dataset.
- You can specify only one measure for Word Size (Mea.).
- You can specify only one dimension for Word (Dim.).
The following example shows how to use a word cloud chart to visualize the popularity of an item among multiple cities. In this example, the company_sales_record dataset is used.
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK. In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click in the top menu bar and click the Word Cloud icon.
- On the Data tab, select measures and dimensions based on your business requirements. You cannot sort the dimensions or measures in a word cloud chart.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click city. You can also drag this dimension to the Word (Dim.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Word Size (Mea.) field.
- If the data volume is large, you can configure filters to obtain the required data. For example, drag order_number to the Filters field and set the cost range to [10000,50000]. The word cloud chart displays data based on the specified range. For more information, see Filters.
- Click Update to update the word cloud chart. If data is not fully displayed in the chart, ... appears.
You can click the icon next to Word Size (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information and Style Settings sections. For more information, see Configure word cloud chart styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the word cloud chart as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the word cloud chart every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the word cloud chart, data in other charts that are associated with this chart is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure word cloud chart styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Show Link, and Style Settings.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the word cloud chart, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Style Settings section, configure Word Cloud Shape and Display Text Vertically.
Parameter Description Word Cloud Shape You can select one of the following shapes:
Display Text Vertically The text in a word cloud chart is horizontally displayed by default. If you select Display Text Vertically, the text is vertically displayed.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.