This topic provides an overview of treemap charts and an example on how to use treemap charts. This topic also describes how to configure treemap chart styles and how to delete a treemap chart.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A treemap chart visualizes the proportions of categories in a dataset.
- You can specify only one dimension for Labels (Dim.).
- You can specify only one measure for Size (Mea.).
The following example shows how to use a treemap chart to compare the order quantities of different products. In this example, the company_sales_record dataset is used.
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon in the top menu bar and click the Treemap icon.
- On the Data tab, select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click product_type. You can also drag this dimension to the Labels (Dim.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Size (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the treemap chart.
You can click the icon next to Size (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information and Style Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure treemap chart styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the treemap chart as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the treemap chart every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the treemap chart, data in other charts that are associated with this chart is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the treemap chart. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure treemap chart styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
- In the Style Settings section, configure Show Label, Show Total, and Treemap Chart Color Settings.
Parameter Description Show Label Show Label provides two options: Percentage and Measure. You can select one or both options at the same time. Show Total The sum of measures can be calculated and displayed in the treemap chart. Treemap Chart Color Settings You can configure colors for the treemap chart.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.