This topic provides an overview of LBS heat maps and an example on how to use LBS heat maps. This topic also describes how to configure LBS heat map styles and how to delete an LBS heat map. LBS heat maps are available only in workspaces of the Quick BI Enterprise Standard edition.
- A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
- The geographical area fields that you want to add are converted into geographical
information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensionsNote For example, if the geographical area field you want to add to the map is area, you can add the field only after the field is converted to geographical information. When the icon in the red box appears, the area field is converted into geographical information.
Similar to the Filled map, an LBS heat map visualizes the size and distribution of data at each location by using dots of different shades.
- You must specify dimensions for Geo Location. The dimensions must be geographical information.
- You must specify at least one measure for Heat Intensity (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon in the top menu bar and click the LBS Heat Map icon.
- Optional:Edit the dataset.
For example, if the geographical area field you want to add to the map is province, you can add the field only after the field is converted into geographical information. When the icon in the red box appears, the field is converted into geographical information. In this case, you can skip this step.On the dataset edit page, convert the geographical area field into geographical information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
- On the Data tab, select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click province. You can also drag this dimension to the Geo Location field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number and profit_amt. You can drag these measures to the Heat Intensity (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the LBS heat map.
You can click the icon next to Heat Intensity (Mea.) to modify the display name and aggregation method of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Map Configuration, Chart Style, and Functionality Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure LBS heat map styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure an auto-refresh interval for the map.
Note For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the map every 5 minutes.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure LBS heat map styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the map, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Map Configuration section, configure Display Range, Basemap Style, and Map Display Mode.
Note The basemap of Mapbox can be called a maximum of 3,000 times per day. If the number of calls reaches the maximum, the basemap cannot be loaded. We recommend that you do not perform stress testing.
- You can set Display Range to Auto or Custom. If the map has only one piece of data, we recommend that you select
If you set Display Range to Custom, you can set Custom Range to Country map or Area map. In this example, is selected.
- Quick BI provides the following seven types of basemap styles: Light, Ice Blue, Dark, Starry Sky, Bright, Natural, and Night.
- You can set Map Display Mode to 2D or 3D.
- You can set Display Range to Auto or Custom. If the map has only one piece of data, we recommend that you select Custom.
- In the Chart Style section, configure the map color and style.
If you select Basic Heat Map, you also need to configure Radius.
- In the Functionality Settings section, select Enable Indicator Filter to filter indicators in the map.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.