This topic provides an overview of LBS flying line maps and an example on how to use LBS flying line maps. This topic also describes how to configure LBS flying line map styles and how to delete an LBS flying line map. LBS flying line maps are only available in workspaces of the Quick BI Enterprise Standard edition.
- A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
- The geographical area fields that you want to use are converted into geographical
information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
Note For example, to add the area field to the map, you must first convert the data in the field into geographical information. If the icon appears next to the field, it indicates that the data of the area field is converted into geographical information.
An LBS flying line map uses flying lines to show the relationship between data in two or more areas.
- You can specify dimensions for Geo Location. The dimensions must be geographical information.
- You can specify only one measure for Routes (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click in the top menu bar and click the LBS Flying Line Map icon.
- Optional:Edit a dataset.
For example, to add the area field to the map, you must first convert the data in the field to geographical information. If the icon appears next to the field, it indicates that the data in the area field is converted into geographical information. In this case, you can skip this step.On the dataset edit page, convert the geographical area field into geographical information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
- On the Data tab, select measures and dimensions based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click area. You can also drag this dimension to the Geo Location (From) field.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click province. You can also drag this dimension to the Geo Location (To) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click shipping_cost. You can also drag this measure to the Routes (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the LBS flying line map.
You can click the icon next to Routes (Mea.) to modify the display name and aggregation method of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Map Configuration, Chart Style, and Functionality Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure LBS flying line map styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure an auto-refresh interval for the map.
Note For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the map every 5 minutes.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure LBS flying line map styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the map, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Map Configuration section, configure Display Range, Basemap Style, and Map Display Mode.
Note The basemap of Mapbox can be called a maximum of 3,000 times per day. If the number of calls reaches the maximum, the basemap cannot be loaded. We recommend that you do not perform stress testing.
- You can set Display Range to Auto or Custom. If the map has only one piece of data, we recommend that you select
If you set Display Range to Custom, you can set the value of Custom Range to Country map or Area map. In this example, is selected.
- Quick BI provides the following seven basemap styles: Light, Ice Blue, Dark, Starry Sky, Bright, Natural, and Night.
- You can set Map Display Mode to 2D or 3D.
- You can set Display Range to Auto or Custom. If the map has only one piece of data, we recommend that you select Custom.
- In the Chart Style section, configure Show Data Label, Label Display Mode, Legend Position, Bubble Shape, Bubble Size Varies with Measure, Bubble Size, Color, and Transparency.
- Show Data Label can be set to Dimension and Measure at the same time.
- Label Display Mode can be set to Smart Display and Full Display. If you want to show dimensions, we recommend that you select Smart Display.
- Legend Position has the following three options.
- A bubble can be in the circle, triangle, rectangle, or diamond shape.
- The Bubble Size Varies with Measure parameter specifies whether the size of a bubble changes with the measure value. The bubble size represents the measure value of the starting point. The larger the value, the larger the bubble.
- You can drag the pointer to change the size of a bubble.
- You can change the color and transparency of your map.
- In the Functionality Settings section, you can select Enable Indicator Filter to filter the measures you want to display in the map.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.