This topic provides an overview of Kanbans and an example on how to use Kanbans. This topic also describes how to configure Kanban styles and how to delete a Kanban.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A Kanban displays informational data such as sales performance, which gives you a quick overview of your business. Kanbans can be used to monitor the health of your business in real time and identify issues in your business processes.
- You can specify only one dimension for Labels (Dim.).
- You must specify at least one measure for Metrics (Mea.).
- Go to the dashboard edit page. For more information, see Create a dashboard.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the Kanban icon in the top menu bar.
- On the Data tab, select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
Note In the Metrics (Mea.) section, the first measure is the primary indicator. You can drag and drop the measures under Metrics (Mea.) to change the primary indicator.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click province. You can also drag this dimension to the Labels (Dim.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number, order_amt, shipping_cost, and profits. You can also drag these measures to the Metrics (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the Kanban.
You can click the icon next to Metrics (Mea.) to modify the display name, description, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure Basic Information, Indicator Settings, Conditional Formatting, and Series Settings.
For more information, see Configure Kanban styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the Kanban as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the Kanban every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the Kanban, data in other charts that are associated with this Kanban is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the Kanban. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure Kanban styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Show Link, and Custom Background Color.
Parameter Description Show Title and Description and Description
- Title: You can customize the title of your Kanban. We recommend that you name your Kanban in the format of chart type-chart name.
- : You can set the font color of the title.
- Description: You can add additional information for the title.
Show Link If you want to be redirected to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address. Custom Background Color You can configure Card Color and Background Image.
- In the Indicator Settings section, configure indicator block styles.
Parameter Description Maximum Indicators Each Row The number of indicator blocks to display in each row in the Kanban. Hide Dimensions Specifies whether to hide dimensions in the Kanban. Hide Primary Measure Name Specifies whether to hide the name of the primary measure in the Kanban. Font Color for Primary Indicator Value The font color for the primary indicator.Note The first measure in the Metrics (Mea.) field is considered as the primary indicator. The rest measures are secondary indicators. Set Font Size If you select Set Font Size, you must configure the following parameters:
- Main Indicator Font Size: the font size of the primary indicator in the Kanban.
- Secondary Indicator Font Size: the font size of the secondary indicators in the Kanban.
Indicator Block Alignment The alignment of an indicator block. Indicator Alignment Options: Align Left and Center Show Main Indicator Trend Chart If you select Show Main Indicator Trend Chart, you also need to configure Image Type. You can select Image Field or Static.
Note You can use one of the following image formats: PNG, JPG, and GIF.
- If you select Image Field, the following figure appears.
Image Field is available only when fields of the image type () are included in your dataset.
- If you select Static, you can add icons and static images.
- In the Conditional Formatting section, configure conditional formats for measures.
Parameter Description Series You can select a measure that you added to the Metrics (Mea.) field. Shortcut Style You can configure the marker icons and font display colors. Custom Style You can customize text, icon styles, marker icons, range values, and font display colors. Synchronize Style To You can replicate the conditional formatting settings of a measure to other measures.
- In the Series Settings section, configure Series and Prefix and Suffix for Data Value.
Parameter Description Series The series. You can select a measure that you added to the Metrics (Mea.) field. Prefix and Suffix for Data Value The prefix and suffix of a value.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.