This topic provides an overview of filled maps and an example on how to use filled maps. This topic also describes how to configure filled map styles and delete a filled map.
- A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
- The geographical area fields that you want to add are converted into geographical
information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
Note For example, if the geographical area field you want to add to the map is area, you can add the field only after the field is converted to geographical information. When the icon in the red box appears, the area field is converted into geographical information.
Similar to the Bubble map, a filled map shows data sizes and scopes in hues with different saturation levels.
- You can specify only one dimension for Geo Location (Dim.).
- You can specify one to five measures for Colorscale (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon in the top navigation bar.
A filled map is automatically displayed in the dashboard display area.
- Optional:Convert the geographical area field into geographical information.
For example, if the geographical area field you want to add to the map is area, you can add the field only after the field is converted to geographical information. When the icon in the red box appears, the area field is converted into geographical information. In this case, you can skip this step.On the dataset edit page, convert the geographical area field into geographical information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
- On the Data tab, select measures and dimensions based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click area. You can also drag this dimension to the Geo Location (Dim.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_amt, profit_amt, and shipping_cost. You can also drag these measures to the Colorscale (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the filled map.
You can click the icon next to Colorscale (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Map Style, Chart Style, and Functionality Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure filled map styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the filled map as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the filled map every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the filled map, data in other charts that are associated with this map is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the filled map. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature. Label - Labels are used to mark the values of a specific dimension in the filled map. For more information, see Label.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure filled map styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the filled map, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.You can set Style Template to Default, Minimal, or 3D Filling.Note The basemap of Mapbox can be called a maximum of 3,000 times per day. If the number of calls reaches the maximum, the basemap cannot be loaded. We recommend that you do not perform stress testing.
- In the Map Style section, configure Display Range, Map Configuration, Show Basemap, and Map Display Mode.
Under Map Configuration, you can configure Fill Color and Border Solution.
- Fill Color: The default fill color is gray. If you do not configure any color series for the map, the background color of the map is gray.
- Border Solution: none by default. You can configure colors.
You can set Map Display Mode to 2D or 3D.
- In the Chart Style section, configure Show Data Label, Label Display Mode, Show Total, Legend Position, Legend Arrangement, Coloring Range, and Custom Color.
- You can set Show Data Label to Dimension and Measure at the same time.
- You can set Label Display Mode to Smart Display or Full Display. We recommend that you select Smart Display if the number of place names is large.
- You can set Show Total to automatically summarize the values of the measures in the filled map. This is convenient for data comparison and analysis.
- You can set Legend Arrangement to Ranking or Distribution.
- You can set Legend Position to one of the three options in the following figure.
- You can set Interval Divided By to Value-based or Percentage-based.
- You can set Custom Color to Max, Min, Top Three, or Bottom Three.
- You can select Enable Indicator Filter to filter indicators in the map in the Functionality Settings section.
Example of filter interaction
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.