Group dimensions are used in scenarios in which dimension values are grouped. For example, you can divide the age field into minor, youth, middle-aged, and elderly groups to view the vaccination status of people of each age group.
Create a group dimension
- On the Preview tab of the dataset creation page, click Create Group Dimension.
- In the New Group Fields dialog box, perform the steps that are shown in the following figure to configure
the parameters and click OK. For more information about the configurations in the section that is marked as 3 in the following figure, see Examples.
- Group data by geographical location. For example, you can group data into the following
groups based on the province field:
After you save the configurations, a dimension field is added to the dataset. You can enter group names in this column based on the configurations.
Heilongjiang, Liaoning, and Jilin
Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shanxi, and Neimenggu
Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, and Shandong
- South Central:
Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Guangdong, Guangxi, and Hainan
Chongqing, Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan, and Xicang
Shaanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Ningxia, and Xinjiang
- Group data by age. For example, you can group data into the following groups based
on the age field:
- 0 years old ≤ Minor <18 years old
- 18 years old ≤ Youth < 40 years old
- 40 years old ≤ Middle-aged < 56 years old
- Elderly ≥ 56 years old
- Group data by date. For example, you can group data based on a date field to divide activity phases.