This topic provides an overview of bubble maps and an example on how to use bubble maps. This topic also describes how to configure bubble map styles and how to delete a bubble map.
- A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
- The geographical area fields that you want to add are converted into geographical
information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
Note For example, if the geographical area field you want to add to the map is area, you can add the field only after the field is converted to geographical information. When the icon in the red box appears, the area field is converted into geographical information.
A bubble map uses a map as the background and shows the distribution of data in a country or region by using bubbles of different sizes. For example, you can use a bubble map to check the passenger flow of tourist attractions, or show the per capita income of different regions.
- You can specify only one dimension for Geo Location (Dim.). The dimension must be the geographical information.
- You can specify only one measure for Bubble Color/Measures.
- You can specify one to five measures for Bubble Size (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon in the top menu bar and click the Bubble Map icon.
- Optional: Edit the dataset.
For example, if the geographical area field you want to add to the map is province, you can add the field only after the field is converted to geographical information. When the icon in the red box appears, the field is converted into geographical information. In this case, you can skip this step.On the dataset edit page, convert the geographical area field into geographical information. For more information, see Edit geographic dimensions.
- On the Data tab, select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click province. You can also drag this dimension to the Geo Location (Dim.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Bubble Size (Mea.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click profits. You can also drag this measure to the Bubble Color/Measures field.
- Click Update to update the bubble map.
You can click the icon next to Bubble Size (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Map Style, Chart Style, and Functionality Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure bubble map styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the bubble map as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the bubble map every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the bubble map, data in other charts that are associated with this map is updated. For more information, see Example of filter interaction. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the bubble map. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature. Label - Labels are used to mark the values of a specific dimension in the bubble map.
- In the Label section, you can set Mode to Measure Threshold or Manual Labeling.
- In the bubble map, you can only manually add labels.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure bubble map styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the bubble map, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.Quick BI provides three types of style templates: Default, Minimal, and 3D Filling.Note The basemap of Mapbox can be called a maximum of 3,000 times per day. If the number of calls reaches the maximum, the basemap cannot be loaded. We recommend that you do not perform stress testing.
- In the Map Style section, configure Display Range, Map Configuration, Show Basemap, and Map Display Mode.
You can select a country map or a region map for Display Range. In this example, is selected.
Under Map Configuration, you can configure Fill Color and Border Solution.
- Fill Color: The default fill color is gray. If you do not configure color series for the map, the background color of the map is gray.
- Border Solution: The default border solution is none. You can configure colors.
Quick BI provides the following four types of basemap styles: Light, Dark, Ice Blue, and Starry Sky.
You can set Map Display Mode to 2D or 3D.
- In the Chart Style section, configure Show Data Label, Label Display Mode, Show Total, Legend Position, Legend Arrangement, Bubble Shape, Bubble Size, Bubble Color, and Custom Color.
- You can set Show Data Label to Dimension and Measure at the same time.
- You can set Label Display Mode to Smart Display or Full Display. We recommend that you select Smart Display if the number of dimensions is large.
- You can set Show Total to automatically aggregate the values of the measures in the bubble map. This simplifies data comparison and analysis.
- You can set Legend Position to one of the following three options.
- You can set Legend Arrangement to Ranking or Distribution.
- You can set Bubble Shape to circle, triangle, rectangle, or diamond.
- You can drag the pointer to change the size of a bubble.
- Under Bubble Color, configure Interval Divided By, Coloring Range, and Transparency.
- You can set Custom Color to Max, Min, Top Three, or Bottom Three.
- In the Functionality Settings section, select Enable Indicator Filter and select the indicators that you want to display.
Example of filter interaction
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.