This topic provides an overview of bubble charts and an example on how to use bubble charts. This topic also describes how to configure bubble chart styles and how to delete a bubble chart. Bubble charts are available only in workspaces of the Quick BI Enterprise Standard edition.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A bubble chart is similar to the scatter chart. However, a bubble chart allows you to specify a measure to represent the bubble size.
- You can specify only one measure for Y axis (Mea.).
- You can specify only one measure or one dimension for X axis (Dim. or Mea.).
- You can specify only one dimension for Category (Dim.).
- You can specify only one measure or one dimension for Color (Dim. or Mea.). The dimension or measure that you specified for Color (Dim. or Mea.) can be the same dimension or measure that you specified for X axis (Dim. or Mea.), Y axis (Mea.), and Category (Dim.).
- You can specify only one measure for Size (Mea.). The measure that you specified for
Size (Mea.) can be the same measure that you specified for Y axis (Mea.).
If you specify a measure for X axis (Dim. or Mea.), you can also specify this measure for Size (Mea.)
- You can specify only one dimension for Playback Timeline/Time Dimension. The dimension
must be a time field.
Note Playback Timeline/Time Dimension is applicable only when you specify measures for both Y axis (Mea.) and X axis (Dim. or Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon in the top navigation bar.
Then, a bubble chart is automatically displayed in the dashboard display area.
- On the Data tab, select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Y-axis (Mea.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click price. You can also drag this measure to the X axis (Dim. or Mea.) and Size (Mea.) fields.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click product_type. You can also drag this dimension to the Category (Dim.) field.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click area. You can also drag this dimension to the Color (Dim. or Mea.) field.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click order_date (year). You can also drag this dimension to the Playback Timeline/Time Dimension field.
- Click Update to update the bubble chart.
- You can click the icon on the Data tab to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- You can click the icon in the bubble chart to display the data across different years.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Chart Style, Axes, Functionality, and Series Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure bubble chart styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure parameters in the Advanced Settings and Metric Analysis sections.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the bubble chart as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system automatically refreshes the bubble chart every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the bubble chart, data in other charts that are associated with this chart is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the bubble chart. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature. Metric Analysis Auxiliary Line Auxiliary lines can be used to show the difference between the value of a measure and the reference value indicated by an auxiliary line. The reference value indicated by an auxiliary line can be a fixed value or a calculated value. You can use the following calculated values: average, maximum, minimum, and median. For more information, see Auxiliary line. Trendline A trendline displays the overall trend of the data that you selected. Quick BI provides the following types of trendlines: Intelligent, Linear, Logarithmic, Exponential, Polynomial, and Power. For more information, see Metric analysis.Note Trendlines are supported only when the playback axis is not used. Label - Labels are used to mark the values of a specific dimension in the bubble chart. For more information, see Label.Note Labels are supported only when the playback axis is not used.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure bubble chart styles
- In the Basic Information section of the Style tab, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the bubble chart, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Chart Style section, configure Show Chart Labels, Show Legend, Data Point Color, and Bubble Size. Data Point Color is displayed only when Color (Dim. or Mea.) is specified on the Data tab.
- If you specify a dimension for Color (Dim. or Mea.), you can select a color series or set colors for different field values.
- If you specify a measure for Color (Dim. or Mea.), configure the value range and intervals for the measure before you set colors for different intervals.
- In the Axes section, configure the basic information about the x-axis and the left y-axis.
- In the Functionality section, select Enable Four-quadrant and configure the displayed parameters. Note You can enable the four-quadrant feature only when both Y axis (Mea.) and X axis (Dim. or Mea.) are specified with measures.When you configure Playback Timeline Settings, take note of the following items:
- If you select Auto Playback When Page Loads, the animation of the bubble chart is automatically played after the page is loaded.
- If you select Loop, the animation of the bubble chart is played repeatedly.
Click the icon to stop the playback.
- If you select Show Current Time, time is displayed during the playback.
- In the Series Settings section, configure Series and Display Name.