PolarDB-X 1.0 allows you to switch zones for instances. You can switch the zone of a PolarDB-X 1.0 instance if an inappropriate zone is selected for the instance or the quota in the original zone is insufficient.
- Typically, it takes about one to two minutes to switch zones. We recommend that you switch zones during off-peak hours to avoid business interruptions.
- A transient disconnection within seconds may occur when you switch zones. Make sure that your application client supports automatic reconnection.
- Log on to the PolarDB-X 1.0 console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID to go to the Basic Information page.
- In the Common Actions section, click Switch Zone.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a zone from the drop-down list, and click OK.