This topic describes how to create PolarDB-X instances.
- Log on to the PolarDB-X console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instances page, click the PolarDB-X 2.0 tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Create New Instance.
- On the buy page, configure the parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Product Type The billing method of the PolarDB-X instances. You can set the value to PolarDB-X 2.0 (Subscription) or PolarDB-X 2.0 (Pay-as-you-go).Note
- In the subscription billing method, you must pay for PolarDB-X instances when you create the instances. This billing method is suitable for long-term usage and a PolarDB-X instance that uses the subscription billing method is more cost-effective than a PolarDB-X instance that uses the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- In the pay-as-you-go billing method, fees for your PolarDB-X instance are deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account on an hourly basis. This billing method is suitable for short-term usage. To reduce costs, you can release your pay-as-you-go PolarDB-X instance when you no longer require the instance.
- If you want to create a PolarDB-X instance that uses the pay-as-you-go billing method, make sure that the balance in your Alibaba Cloud account is greater than or equal to USD 100.
Region The region where you want to deploy the instances. Topology
- Single-zone Deployment. If you click Single-zone Deployment, you only need to specify a zone for the primary nodes of the instances. The secondary nodes and change data capture (CDC) nodes of the instances are automatically deployed in the same zone as the primary nodes.
- Three-zone Deployment. If you click Three-zone Deployment, the primary node zone and
secondary node zone are used to deploy the secondary compute nodes, secondary data
nodes, secondary Global Meta Service (GMS) nodes, and secondary CDC nodes of the instances.
Application Load Balancer (ALB) is used to perform load balancing on the nodes. The
primary CDC nodes of the instances are deployed in different zones. A PolarDB-X instance
that uses three-zone deployment provides better disaster recovery capabilities than
a PolarDB-X instance that uses one-zone deployment. A PolarDB-X instance that uses
three-zone deployment can prevent system breakdowns in data centers.
Note If you click Three-zone Deployment, you must specify different values for Primary Node Zone, Secondary Node Zone, and Logger Node Zone.
Primary Node Zone The zone where you want to deploy the primary nodes. Secondary Node Zone The zone where you want to deploy the secondary nodes. This parameter takes effect only after you click Three-zone Deployment. Logger Node Zone The zone where you want to deploy the CDC nodes. This parameter takes effect only after you click Three-zone Deployment. Network Type The network type of the instances. The only valid value is VPC.Note Before you configure the VPC parameter, make sure that a virtual private cloud (VPC) and a vSwitch are created in the same region and zone as the instances. For more information, see Create and manage a VPC. VPC The VPC where you want to deploy the instances. You can select an existing VPC. You can also move the pointer over and click VPC console. In the VPC console, create a VPC. vSwitch The vSwitch that you want to use. You can select an existing vSwitch. You can also move the pointer over and click VPC console. In the VPC console, create a vSwitch. Engine Version The engine version of the instances. The only valid value is MySQL 5.7. Instance Family The instance family of the instances. You can set the value to Dedicated or General-purpose. For more information, see Instance types. Node Specifications The specifications of the nodes. PolarDB-X charges you fees based on the product of the number of nodes and the node specifications. You can configure this parameter to specify the memory size and the number of CPU cores for the instances. For more information, see Instance types.Note Compute nodes and data nodes use the same node specifications. Nodes The number of nodes that use the specified specifications.Note The number of nodes ranges from 2 to 99. Storage Type The storage type of the instances. The only valid value is Local SSD. Storage Cost The storage costs of the instances. By default, the storage capacity of each node is 3 TB. You do not need to select a storage capacity before you purchase the instances. You are charged on an hourly basis based on your actual usage. Quantity The number of instances that you want to purchase. Subscription Duration The subscription duration of the instances.Note You can configure this parameter only when you set the value of Product Type to PolarDB-X 2.0 (Subscription).
- Select PolarDB-X 2.0 (Subscription) Terms of Service and click Buy Now.
- On the Purchase page, confirm the unpaid order and the payment method, and click Purchase.
- After you complete the payment, wait until the system creates the instances. The creation process requires 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After the instances are created, you can go to the Instance List page of the PolarDB-X console to view the instances that you created.