This topic describes how to create a PolarDB-X instance.
- Log on to the PolarDB-X console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the PolarDB-X 2.0 tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Create New Instance.
- On the buy page, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Product Type The billing method of the instance. You can select Subscription or Pay-As-You-Go.Note
- The subscription billing method allows you to use the PolarDB-X instance only after you pay for the instance. This billing method is suitable for long-term and stable use in production environments. The subscription billing method costs less than the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- The pay-as-you-go billing method allows you to pay for the instance based on the actual usage of the instance. This billing method is suitable for testing and learning.
- If you want to create a pay-as-you-go instance, make sure that the balance in your Alibaba Cloud account is greater than or equal to USD 100.
Regions and Zones Select a region and a zone to specify the physical location of the instance. Network Type The network type can only be VPC. You cannot change the network type.Note Before you configure the VPC parameter, make sure that a virtual private cloud (VPC) and a vSwitch are created in the same region and zone as the instance. For more information, see Create and manage a VPC. MySQL Version The version can only be MySQL 5.7. You cannot change the MySQL version. Node Specifications You are charged for PolarDB-X based on the node specifications and the number of nodes. You can configure this parameter to specify the number of CPU cores and memory size for the instance. For more information, see Instance types.Note Compute nodes and data nodes use the same node specifications. Nodes Select the number of nodes that use the specified specifications.Note The number of nodes ranges from 2 to 99. Storage Type The storage type can only be Local SSD. You cannot change the storage type. Storage Cost The storage capacity of each node is 3 TB by default. You do not need to select a storage capacity when you purchase the instance. You are charged per hour based on your actual usage. Duration Select the subscription duration of the instance.Note This parameter is available only when the subscription billing method is used. Quantity Select the number of instances that you want to purchase.
- Select PolarDB-X 2.0 (Subscription) Terms of Service and click Buy Now.
- On the Purchase page, confirm the unpaid order and the payment method, and click Purchase.
- After you complete the payment, the specified number of instances require approximately 10 to 15 minutes to be created. After the instances are created, you can return to the Instance List page of the PolarDB-X console to view the newly created instance.