This topic describes how to create a database on a PolarDB-X instance.
- Log on to the PolarDB-X console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the PolarDB-X 2.0 tab.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the upper-left corner of the Database management page, click Create database.
- In the panel that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database name Enter a name for the database.Note The database name must meet the following requirements:
- The name must be 2 to 16 characters in length and can contain lowercase letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-).
- The name must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or a digit.
- The name must be unique within the instance.
Supporting character sets You can select utf8, gbk, latin1, or utf8mb4. Authorized account Select the account to which you want to grant the permissions to access the database.Note
- Only standard accounts are available in the drop-down list. The privileged account of an instance has all permissions on all databases that run on the instance. You do not need to authorize the privileged account to access a database that runs on the instance.
- If no standard accounts are created, you can click Create a new account to create a standard account. For more information, see Manage database accounts.
Account permission Select the permissions that you want to grant to the specified account. You can select Read and write, Read only, DDL only, or DML only. Descr Enter a description for the database. The description can help you manage your database. This parameter is optional. The description can be up to 256 characters in length.
- Click OK.