This topic describes how to use Data Management (DMS) to connect to PolarDB-X. You can connect to PolarDB-X by using other methods, such as SQL command line utilities, third-party program code that conforms to the official MySQL protocol, and third-party clients that include MySQL Workbench, SQLyog, Sequel Pro, and Navicat for MySQL.
DMS provides data management, table schema management, user authorization, security auditing, trend analysis, data tracing, performance optimization, server management, and business intelligence (BI) charts.
- Log on to the PolarDB-X console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the PolarDB-X 2.0 tab.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Login database.
- In the dialog box that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Type By default, the value of this parameter is set to PolarDB-X. You do not need to modify the parameter value. PolarDB-X is formerly called Distributed Relational Database Service (DRDS). Instance Region By default, the region where the instance is deployed is automatically selected. You do not need to modify the parameter value.Note If you need to log on to a PolarDB-X instance that is deployed in another region, select the region of the instance from the drop-down list. Instance ID By default, the ID of the instance that you use is automatically selected. You do not need to modify the parameter value.Note If you need to log on to another PolarDB-X instance, select the ID of the instance that you want to use from the drop-down list. Database Account The username of the account that can be used to connect to the specified database. Database password The password of the specified account.Note If you select Remember password, you do not need to enter the username or password of your account the next time you log on.Note
- By default, the control mode is automatically set to Flexible Management the first time you use DMS to log on to the instance. You can change the control mode of the instance after you log on to the instance. For more information, see Modify an instance.
- After the preceding parameters are configured, you can click Test connection in the lower-left corner of the dialog box. If your database fails to be connected, check whether the configured parameters are valid based on the on-screen error message. For example, check the specified account name or password for errors.
- DMS automatically adds the IP addresses and CIDR blocks of the DMS servers that are deployed in the same region as the PolarDB-X instance to the IP whitelist of the instance. If the IP addresses and CIDR blocks fail to be added, you must manually add them.
- Click Login.