A PolarDB-X instance is a distributed cluster that consists of multiple nodes. PolarDB-X allows you to add nodes to scale out an instance or remove nodes to scale in an instance.
- Log on to the PolarDB-X console.
- On the Instance List page, click PolarDB-X 2.0. On the PolarDB-X 2.0 tab, find the instance that you want to manage. If you want to add nodes, click Add node in the Operation column. If you want to remove nodes, click the More icon and click Delete node.
- On the page that appears, select the number of nodes that you want to add or remove.
- After you remove nodes from a PolarDB-X instance, the maximum load on the PolarDB-X instance is reduced. Make sure that the modifications of the instance specifications that take effect after you remove nodes can meet your business requirements.
- After you remove nodes, the historical backup sets become invalid. We recommend that you back up the PolarDB-X instance at the earliest opportunity after you remove nodes.
- Click Buy Now.
After you add or remove nodes, the status of the instance changes to NodeCreating or Delete Node in the PolarDB-X console.Note If you add nodes to your PolarDB-X instance, you are charged for the nodes. If you remove nodes from your PolarDB-X instance, you are not charged for the nodes that you remove.