You can manually release pay-as-you-go clusters based on your business requirements. The pay-as-you-go clusters are charged on an hourly basis. This topic describes how to manually release PolarDB for MySQL clusters.
- You cannot manually release subscription clusters. Note For more information about how to handle subscription and pay-as-you-go clusters after they expire or are overdue, see Cluster expiration and overdue payments.
- You can manually release clusters whose Status is Running. Note For a serverless cluster whose Status is Stopped, you must Manually start a cluster to change Status of the serverless cluster to Running before you can manually release the serverless cluster.
- You can use this feature to release clusters. If this feature is used, all the nodes of the clusters are released. For more information about how to release a single read-only node, see Add or remove read-only nodes.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region in which the cluster that you want to manage is deployed.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to release and choose in the Actions column.
- In the Release Cluster dialog box, select a backup retention policy and click OK.
Retain Backups value Description Permanently Retain All Backups Retains all the backups for a cluster when you delete the cluster. Permanently Retain Last Automatic Backup Retains the last backup for a cluster when you delete the cluster. Immediately Delete All Backups Deletes all the backups for a cluster when you delete the cluster.Warning If you select this policy, the deleted clusters cannot be restored.Note
- If you select the Permanently Retain All Backups or Permanently Retain Last Automatic Backup policy, the system runs an automatic backup task to retain all the data about a cluster when you delete the PolarDB cluster.
- After you delete a cluster, level-1 backups automatically become level-2 backups. You can go to the Cluster Recycle page to view all backups. For more information, see Restore a released cluster.
Related API operations
|DescribeDBClusters||Queries the list of PolarDB clusters.|
|DeleteDBCluster||Deletes a PolarDB cluster.|