You can change the billing method of a PolarDB cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go based on your business requirements.
- Your cluster is in the Running state.
- Your cluster does not have a temporary upgrade task in progress or scheduled tasks of configuration changes.
- Make sure that your account balance is sufficient to prevent service downtime that is caused by overdue payments after you switch the billing method to pay-as-you-go.
If a subscription cluster uses the storage billing method of subscription, you cannot change it to a pay-as-you-go cluster. However, if a subscription cluster uses the storage billing method of pay-as-you-go, you can change it to a pay-as-you-go cluster.
After you change the billing method of the cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go, a subscription refund is returned to your original payment account. Note that only the actual paid amount is refunded to the original payment channel. Vouchers or coupons that were redeemed cannot be returned.
The operations in this topic do not affect the running of clusters.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region in which the cluster that you want to manage is deployed.
- Find the cluster for which you want to change the billing method and choose Actions column.
- On the Switch to Pay-as-you-go page, confirm the cluster information, read and accept the terms of service, and then click Buy Now.
- The new billing method takes effect after you pay for the order.
- If the order is unpaid or the payment fails, an unfinished order appears on the Orders page. You cannot purchase a new cluster or change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go before you complete the payment. In this case, you must pay for or cancel the order.