This topic provides answers to frequently asked questions about ossbrowser.
What do I do if the "AccessDenied:You are forbidden to list buckets" error appears when I use the AccessKey pair of an Alibaba Cloud account or RAM user to log on to the Object Storage Service (OSS) console from ossbrowser?
Cause: Your Alibaba Cloud account or RAM user does not have permissions to access all buckets.
- Grant the
oss:ListBucketspermission to your Alibaba Cloud account or RAM user and then log on again. For more information, see Grant permissions to the RAM user.
- If your Alibaba Cloud account or RAM user has permissions to access only a specific bucket or a specific object in a bucket, set Preset OSS Path to the path of the object or bucket and set Region to the region in which the bucket is located. For more information, see Install and log on to ossbrowser.
How do I increase the number of concurrent uploads and downloads when I must upload or download a large number of objects?
Cause: By default, ossbrowser concurrently performs three upload or download tasks while remaining tasks wait in the queue. If you want to upload or download a large number of objects, the default number of concurrent upload or download tasks affects the transfer speed.
What do I do if I cannot run ossbrowser on macOS?
You can resolve the issue by performing the following steps:
- Decompress the downloaded installation package.
- Copy the oss-browser.app file to the application directory.
- Click the oss-browser icon in the application directory and click Open.
What do I do if I cannot run ossbrowser after I install a piece of software on Windows?
Cause: The software that you install adds the
NODE_OPTIONS=--max-http-header-size=value environment variable to Windows.
NODE_OPTIONS=--max-http-header-size=valueenvironment variable. The following example shows how to delete the environment variable on the 64-bit version of Windows 10:
- Open the Control Panel. Click System and Security. On the page that appears, click System.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab of the System Properties dialog box, click Environment Variables.
- In the User variables list, select NODE_OPTIONS=--max-http-header-size=value, and click Delete.
- Click OK.
After you complete these configurations, you can run ossbrowser in Windows.
How do I enable the debugging mode?
- Method 1: Click the OSS Browser logo in the upper-left corner more than 10 consecutive times to go to the debugging panel.
- Method 2: In the Settings dialog box, click Open debug to go to the debugging panel.
What do I do if I cannot access ossbrowser due to network issues?
Possible cause: Your proxy configuration is abnormal or the proxy cannot connect to the Internet. The following table describes how to view the proxy configuration for various operating systems.
|Operating system||Method to view the proxy configuration|
|Windows||You can view the proxy configuration in the Internet Options dialog box.|
|macOS||You can view the proxy configuration in the System Preferences panel.|
|Linux||In the left-side navigation pane, choose.|
What do I do if the "Being added to the upload queue" message appears when I upload a .asar file?
Cause: ossbrowser does not support .asar files.
Does ossbrowser support MD5 verification?
No. By default, ossbrowser uses CRC-64.