A bucket is a container that is used to store objects in Object Storage Service (OSS). You must create a bucket before you upload any types of objects to OSS. This topic describes how to create a bucket in the OSS console.
PrerequisitesOSS is activated. For more information, see Activate OSS.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Buckets. On the Buckets page, click Create Bucket.
- In the Create Bucket panel, configure the required parameters described in the following table. You can keep the default settings for other parameters or configure the parameters after the bucket is created.
Parameter Description Bucket Name The name of the bucket. The name of a bucket cannot be changed after the bucket is created.
The name must meet the following conventions:
- The name of a bucket must be unique in OSS in an Alibaba Cloud account.
- The name can contain only lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-).
- The name must start and end with a lowercase letter or a digit.
- The bucket name must be 3 to 63 characters in length.
Region The region in which the bucket is located. The region of a bucket cannot be changed after the bucket is created.
To access the bucket from an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance over an internal network, select the region in which the ECS instance is located. For more information, see OSS domain names.Important If the bucket that you want to create is located in a region in the Chinese mainland, you must complete real-name registration by submitting your information on the Real-name Registration page.
Redundancy The redundancy type of the bucket. Valid values:
LRS uses the single-zone mechanism to distribute user data on multiple devices of different facilities in one zone. This ensures data durability and availability even if hardware failures occur.
- ZRS (Recommended)
ZRS uses the multi-zone mechanism to distribute user data across multiple zones in the same region. If one zone becomes unavailable, you can continue to access the data that is stored in other zones.Important ZRS is supported in the following regions: China (Shenzhen), China (Beijing), China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Hong Kong), Singapore, and Indonesia (Jakarta). You are charged additional fees for ZRS. This feature cannot be disabled after it is enabled. Exercise caution when you enable this feature.
For more information about ZRS, see ZRS.
- Click OK.