In practice, a complete process usually covers multiple steps and each step can record an event. Funnel analysis helps analyze the conversion rate from the first step to subsequent steps. For the step with a low conversion rate, you can optimize the business logic of the step, or perform refined operation by using Message Push Service, CDP or other products.
To get a deeper insight into funnel analysis, you need to understand the following concepts:
- Conversion rate: Conversion rate from event A to event B under certain conditions = Number of users triggering evens A and B concurrently / Number of users triggering event A Note:
- The number of users can be measured by user ID or device ID. You can select either measurement dimension when creating a funnel.
- Certain conditions include: time period and custom filtering conditions.
- Overall conversion rate: Conversion rate from the first event to the last event in a complete process.
The following figure shows the funnel analysis results for a shopping process:
The shopping process covers five steps (events). The figure description is as follows:
- 12: number of users of the corresponding event (search goods).
- 83.3%: conversion rate of adjacent events (namely, search goods to browse goods), that is, 10/12 = 83.3%.
- 75.0%: overall conversion rate, that is, 9/12 = 75.0%.
A funnel is used to analyze the conversion rate between events. Therefore, you need to customize an event first. For more information, see Create an event.
1. Create a funnel
Perform the following steps to create a funnel:
- In the console, choose Mobile Analysis Service > Custom analysis > Funnel analysis.
- Click Create a funnel.
- On the Create a funnel page, complete related configurations. Fields are described as follows:
- Time window: Required. The maximum time interval for completing two adjacent steps (events) in the funnel.
- Dimension: Select User ID or Device ID.
- Add steps (events) based on the actual business process.
- Click Submit to finish the funnel creation.
2. View the funnel
On the Funnel analysis page, click the funnel name to view the details of the funnel.
Funnel analysis is T+1 and data is calculated every midnight. You can query the data of yesterday and the day before yesterday.