Before you follow the tutorial, you need to understand the following basic concepts:
- Event: An event records an action performed by a user in the App. You can set up a custom event tracking to log any action (such as button click).
- Event ID: An event ID uniquely identifies an event. Events are global in the App. Therefore, event IDs must be unique within the same mPaaS App.
- Attribute: An event contains some information, for example, user ID, App version, device model, region and language. These information are known as attributes. MAS provides some preset common attributes. You can also customize some attributes applicable to the entire App based on your business requirements, and use them when configuring specific events.
- Attribute ID: An attribute ID uniquely identifies an attribute. Attributes are global in the App. Therefore, attribute IDs must be unique within the same mPaaS App.
- Event analysis: Events and their attributes are stored as logs on the local client and reported to the server. After finishing related configuration and operations in the console, you can view event analysis reports.
When a user finishes a payment, you can record a payment completed event. The event contains the payment time, user ID, and payment method attributes.
Event ID and Attribute ID will be used during client development and console operations. Therefore, Android and iOS developers and console operators must jointly decide these IDs in advance. The tutorial assumes that the event ID and attribute ID are as follows:
- Event ID:
- Attribute ID:
The ID of a custom attribute cannot be duplicate with that of a preset attribute. Preset attributes are visible on the Mobile Analysis Service > Custom analysis > Custom configuration > Attribute page in the mPaaS console.
This tutorial helps you with payment completed event analysis, including:
- Complete client development: Android & iOS
- Create attributes
- Create an event
- View event PV and UV
- Add custom analysis
- Add a dashboard
For any problems, see FAQ.