Microservices Engine (MSE) is an end-to-end microservices platform that is developed for mainstream open source microservices ecosystems in the industry. MSE provides three modules: Microservices Registry, Cloud-native Gateway, and Microservices Governance. Microservices Registry natively supports the Nacos, ZooKeeper, and Eureka engines. Cloud-native Gateway natively supports Ingress and Envoy. Microservices Governance natively supports Spring Cloud, Dubbo, and Sentinel, and complies with OpenSergo.
MSE provides three modules: Microservices Registry, Microservices Governance, and Cloud-native Gateway. When you develop your microservices system, you can use a module alone or in combination with other modules.
Microservices Registry provides fully managed Nacos, ZooKeeper, and Eureka instances and comprehensive monitoring and alerting features. Microservices Registry supports various engine types and allows you to perform O&M in the MSE console. Compared with open source components, Microservices Registry provides higher performance, service-level agreement (SLA) assurance, and configuration capabilities.
Microservices Governance enhances mainstream open source microservices frameworks such as Spring Cloud and Apache Dubbo without requiring you to modify the code, configurations, and images of your applications. Microservices Governance provides comprehensive service governance and traffic protection capabilities and decouples middleware from your business.
Cloud-native Gateway provides highly reliable and efficient next-generation gateways that comply with Kubernetes Ingress. Cloud-native Gateway supports the web application firewall (WAF) feature and integrates Ingress gateways with microservice gateways.
MSE provides you with fully managed instances, service governance, and cloud-native gateways to manage your applications. The following table describes the benefits that are delivered by MSE.
|Improved open source capabilities|
MSE is fully compatible with open source products and supports seamless integration with Kubernetes. MSE provides improved capabilities in terms of performance, observability, and convenience.
|Fully managed services|
MSE provides fully managed instances. You do not need to deploy services or perform O&M on services. This way, you can focus on business development. MSE provides you with a more professional, scalable, and reliable service.
Comprehensive monitoring and O&M features are provided for MSE instances. These features help resolve a large number of issues that are related to the availability of open source middleware.
|No modification required|
You can directly enable Microservices Governance for your applications without the need to modify the code, configurations, or images of your applications. Microservices Governance supports Spring Cloud applications, Dubbo applications, and non-Java applications.
You can enable Microservices Governance for applications such as applications in Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) or serverless Kubernetes (ASK) clusters, applications deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, applications deployed on Serverless App Engine (SAE), and non-Java applications.
MSE provides a visualized UI that allows you to view and manage services and detect service availability. MSE also allows you to configure alerts for services.
You are charged for the managed instances of the Microservices Registry, Microservices Governance, and Cloud-native Gateway modules based on one of the following billing methods:
- Subscription: You pay for resources based on a specific subscription duration before you use the resources.
- Pay-as-you-go: You can request and release resources on demand. You are charged after you use the resources.
Related cloud services
MSE is integrated with a large number of Alibaba Cloud services to provide a better user experience in multiple aspects, including monitoring logs, security protection, and high availability. You can also use MSE with the following Alibaba Cloud services:
- ACK: You can integrate ACK with Microservices Governance of MSE. This integration allows you to enable Microservices Governance for Spring Cloud applications and Dubbo applications that are deployed in ACK clusters and perform microservices governance on these applications by using Microservices Governance.
- Alibaba Cloud Service Mesh (ASM): ASM is compatible with the Istio open source service mesh. You can use MSE with ASM to facilitate microservices governance on non-Java applications.
- Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS): ARMS is developed based on the distributed architecture and is used to monitor all metrics of applications. ARMS helps you quickly identify abnormal and slow APIs, reacquire call parameters, and discover system bottlenecks. This way, the efficiency of online issue diagnostics is significantly improved.
- Application Configuration Management: Application Configuration Management allows you to manage the configurations of all application environments in a centralized manner. This way, the configuration management costs of distributed systems are reduced. Application Configuration Management also reduces the risk of decreased availability or failures that are caused by invalid configuration changes.
- Tracing Analysis: Tracing Analysis provides a set of tools for you to develop distributed applications. These tools include trace mapping, call request statistics, trace topology, and application dependency analysis. Tracing Analysis helps you quickly analyze and diagnose performance bottlenecks of a distributed application.
- Message Queue for Apache Kafka: Message Queue for Apache Kafka is a fully managed service that provides a set of management-related API operations to implement a series of resource management and O&M features.
Click the button below to go to the MSE product activation page immediately.
- If you have questions when you use MSE, you can use DingTalk to search for the DingTalk group ID 34754806 to join the DingTalk group for feedback.
- If you have questions when you use MSE or microservices testing, you can use DingTalk to search for the DingTalk group ID 31180380 to join the DingTalk group for feedback.