To use the latest service governance features of Microservices Engine (MSE), we recommend that you update the Microservices Governance component in a timely manner. The Microservices Governance component of the old version is named ack-mse-pilot, and the Microservices Governance component of the new version is named ack-onepilot. This topic describes how to update the ack-mse-pilot component to the ack-onepilot component.
To update the ack-mse-pilot component to the ack-onepilot component, you must perform the following steps:
- Back up the environment variables of the ack-mse-pilot component.
- Install the ack-onepilot component and configure the environment variables that are backed up from the ack-mse-pilot component if necessary. For more information, see Install the ack-onepilot component.
- Uninstall the ack-mse-pilot component. For more information, see Uninstall the ack-mse-pilot component.
Install the ack-onepilot component
Before you update the ack-mse-pilot component to the ack-onepilot component, we recommend that you record all environment variables of the mse-pilot-ack-mse-pilot application managed by the ack-mse-pilot component to facilitate verification after the update.
Perform the following steps to install the ack-onepilot component:
- Log on to the Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the Marketplace page, click the App Catalog tab.
- On the App Catalog tab, search for ack-onepilot and click ack-onepilot.
- In the upper-right corner of the ack-onepilot page, click Deploy. In the Basic Information step of the Deploy wizard, select a cluster from the Cluster drop-down list and a namespace from the Namespace drop-down list, configure Release Name for the component, and then click Next. Note We recommend that you use the default namespace ack-onepilot.
- In the Parameters step of the Deploy wizard, verify the settings of the parameters for the component
and click OK.
Wait about 2 minutes until the ack-onepilot component of Microservices Governance is installed.
After you install the component, you are redirected to the release page of the cluster that you created. On the page, you can verify that the ack-onepilot component is installed. If the following resource information is displayed, the installation is successful.
Uninstall the ack-mse-pilot component
After you install the ack-onepilot component, uninstall the ack-mse-pilot component.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Cluster Information page, choose .
- Click Delete in the Actions column of the mse-pilot application.
- In the Delete message, click OK.