This article describes how to create a queue in the Message Service (MNS) console.
- Log on to the MNS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Queues.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Queues page, click Create Queue.
- In the Create Queue dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
The queue is displayed on the Queues page.
- Name: the name of the queue.
- Maximum Message Length: the maximum body length of the message that is sent to the queue.
- Long Polling Period: the maximum duration for which long polling requests are held after the ReceiveMessage operation is called.
- Visibility Timeout Period: the duration for which a message stays in the Inactive state after the message is received from the queue.
- Message Retention Period: the maximum duration for which a message exists in the queue. After the specified retention period, the message is deleted whether the message is received or not.
- Scheduled Period: the period after which all messages sent to the queue are consumed.
- Enable Logging Feature: specifies whether to enable the logging feature.