For pay-as-you-go and subscription instances, Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ adopts different billing cycles and releases instances based on different rules. This topic describes the billing cycles and rules on overdue payments of Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ instances.
Billing cycle and rules on overdue payments of Standard Edition instances
- Instances of Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ Standard Edition are billed in pay-as-you-go mode. The billing cycle of pay-as-you-go instances is 24 hours. On the next calendar day, Alibaba Cloud charges your service use of the previous calendar day, issues a bill, and deducts the service fees from your Alibaba Cloud account balance based on the bill amount. A bill is generally issued within 8 to 10 hours after the current billing cycle ends.
- When your account balance is insufficient to pay the bill amount, Alibaba Cloud suspends the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ service for you. This means that you cannot access the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console or make API requests.
- If you do not settle your unpaid bill within 72 hours, Alibaba Cloud releases your Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ instance and deletes the topics and group IDs that you create in the instance. The released instance and its resources cannot be restored.
Rules on overdue payments of Enterprise Platinum Edition instances
- Delete Resources After Release: deletes the instance and all its topic and group resources. The resources cannot be restored after they are deleted.
- Change to Standard Edition After Release: changes the instance type from the Enterprise Platinum Edition to the Standard Edition and then bills the instance in pay-as-you-go mode. For more information about the billing details, see Billing overview. If you no longer need to use the instance, delete the instance and its resources.