This topic describes how to change the billing method of an instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription in the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console. The change of the billing method only affects how you are charged for using the instance, but does not affect the status of the instance. You do not need to modify the code on the client.
- When you change the billing method, the instance keeps running. Therefore, you do not suffer from temporary service unavailability caused by the restart of the instance.
- The change of the billing method does not change the ID or endpoint of the instance.
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance resides.
- On the Instances page, click the name of the instance that you want to manage.
- On the Instance Details page, click Change to Subscription in the upper-right corner of the Overview section.
- On the Switch to Subscription page, set the Duration parameter, select Terms of Service, and then click Buy Now.
- In the Unpaid Orders panel, confirm the order information and click Purchase.