MaxCompute charges you based on the volume of stored data, such as the tables and resources, and backup data in MaxCompute. This topic describes the billing rules of storage.
Billing for stored data
MaxCompute records the volume of data stored in each project on an hourly basis. The daily storage fee of a project is calculated based on the following formula: Storage fee = Sum of the hourly data volume for the day/24 × Unit price.
The following table describes the billing rules for data that is stored in a MaxCompute project.
|≤ 1 GB||> 1 GB|
|Free of charge||USD 0.0006/GB-day|
(10240 - 1) GB × USD 0.0006/GB-day = USD 6.1434
- MaxCompute compresses your data before storage. You are charged based on the data volume after compression. Data is typically compressed to approximately 20% of the original data volume.
- In most cases, the system generates a bill within 3 to 6 hours after the current billing cycle. For example, the bill for the previous day is generated before 06:00 of the next day. MaxCompute fees are automatically deducted from your account balance.
- If you have questions about your bill, go to Billing Management to view the consumption details.
Billing for backup data
The backup and restoration feature is in public preview. During public preview, you are not charged for data backup and storage. As of October 15, 2021, you are charged for data that is backed up on MaxCompute on a pay-as-you-go basis.
MaxCompute provides automatic backup and recovery features. For more information, see Backup and restoration.
- When project data is modified or updated, MaxCompute automatically backs up the updated project data and generates a data version for each change that occurs. By default, all data versions are retained for one day free of charge.
- A project administrator can specify a longer retention period for backup data. Backup data that is retained for more than one day is charged based on the volume of data. MaxCompute records the volume of data backed up in each project on an hourly basis. The daily backup fee of a project is calculated based on the following formula: Backup fee = Sum of the hourly data volume for the day/24 × Unit price. The unit price for backup data is USD 0.0006/GB-day.