This topic describes how to install MaxCompute Studio in IntelliJ IDEA.
- The client runs a Windows, macOS, or Linux operating system.
- IntelliJ IDEA 2018.2.4 or later is installed on the client. The Ultimate, PyCharm, and free Community editions are supported.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 is installed. The latest version of IntelliJ IDEA is bundled with JRE 1.8. If you use IntelliJ IDEA of the latest version, you do not need to separately install JRE 1.8
- Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.8 is installed.JDK 1.8 is required only if you want to
develop and debug user-defined functions (UDFs) in Java.
Note MaxCompute Studio version 0.28.0 and later support JDK 1.9. The earlier versions of MaxCompute Studio support only JDK 1.8.
- Method 1 (recommended): Online installation
- Method 2: Install MaxCompute Studio by using local files
MaxCompute Studio is available to all Internet users. You can install it by using the official IntelliJ IDEA plug-in library.
- In the top navigation bar, choose
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Settings dialog box, click Plugins.
- In the Plugins dialog box, search for MaxCompute Studio in the search box.
- Find MaxCompute Studio and click Install.
- After you confirm the installation, restart IntelliJ IDEA to complete the plug-in installation.
Install MaxCompute Studio by using local files
You can download MaxCompute Studio to your computer and install it.
- Download the MaxCompute Studio plug-in package.
- In the top navigation bar of IntelliJ IDEA, choose . In the left-side navigation pane of the Settings dialog box, click Plugins.
- In the Plugins dialog box, click Install plugin from disk.
- In the Choose Plugin File dialog box, select the downloaded plug-in package and click OK.
- Go to the Plugins dialog box and click OK.
- After the installation is complete, click Restart in the message that prompts you to restart IntelliJ IDEA.