If you create a MaxCompute project by using your Alibaba Cloud account and require a Resource Access Management (RAM) user for data development, you can add the RAM user as a workspace member and assign roles to this user. This topic describes how to add a RAM user as a workspace member and assign roles to this user.
- Go to the Workspace Management page of the workspace to which you want to add members.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- On the Workspaces page, find the workspace to which you want to add members and click Workspace Settings in the Actions column.
- In the Workspace Settings pane, click More. The Workspace Management page appears.You can also click Data Analytics in the Actions column of the workspace on the Workspaces page. On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-right corner to go to the Workspace Management page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click User Management.
- On the User Management page, click Add Member in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Member dialog box, click Refresh. All the created RAM users under your Alibaba Cloud account appear in the Account
to be added section.Note If you need to create more RAM users, click RAM Console in the Add Member dialog box to go to the RAM console and create RAM users as required. For more information about how to create a RAM user and allocate the RAM user to a person, see Prepare an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Select RAM users in the Account to be added section and click the > icon to move them to the Added account section.
- Select the roles to be assigned to the RAM users and click Confirm.Notice You must move RAM users from the Account to be added section to the Added account section before you assign roles to them.
- After you add a workspace member, you can view or modify information about existing
members and their roles on the User Management page. On this page, you can also delete RAM users that do not assume the Project
Owner role. Roles include Project Owner, Workspace Manager, Development, O&M, Deploy, Visitor, and Safety Manager. By default, the creator of the workspace assumes the Workspace Manager role.
Role Description Owner The member with this role has full permissions on the workspace. Space Administrator This role has all permissions of the Development and Operation & Maintenance (O & M) roles. A member with this role can also manage the workspace. For example, the member can add and delete workspace members and create custom resource groups. Development A member with this role can design and maintain nodes on the DataStudio page in the workspace. Operation & Maintenance (O & M) A member with this role can manage the running of all nodes in the workspace in Operation Center. Deployment In a workspace in standard mode, a member with this role can review the code of each node and determine whether to commit the nodes to Operation Center. Visitors A member with this role can only view workflows and code on the DataStudio page in the workspace. Security Administrator A member with this role can perform operations only in Data Security Guard. For more information, see Data Security Guard.