This topic describes how you are billed for Machine Learning Platform for AI (PAI).
PAI supports two activation methods that are subject to different billing rules.
- Standalone activation
You perform a standalone activation for PAI. Standalone activations are free-of-charge. When you activate PAI, a default workspace is created. However, you are charged when you use PAI modules. You can view the billing details of these modules in PAI bills. For more information about the billing details of each PAI module, see the "Billing description" section of this topic.
- Activate PAI together with other cloud servicesYou can activate PAI together with other cloud services, such as Object Storage Service (OSS), MaxCompute, and DataWorks. Each cloud service is billed separately. For more information about the billing details of these services, see the following topics:
- OSS: Storage fees
- MaxCompute: Pay-as-you-go
- DataWorks: Billing of exclusive resource groups for scheduling (subscription)
The following table describes the billing details of each PAI module.
|Module||Description||Billable item||Billing method||References|
|iTAG||iTAG is an intelligent data labeling platform. You can create data labeling tasks for the following data formats: image, text, video, and audio. You can also create multimodal data labeling tasks.||None. iTAG is available for free trial.||N/A||N/A|
|Machine Learning Designer (previously known as Machine Learning Studio)||Machine Learning Designer is a cloud-native visual modeling tool that you can use to develop machine learning algorithms.||Billing of Machine Learning Designer|
|Data Science Workshop (DSW)||DSW is a cloud-based integrated development environment (IDE) that integrates open source JupyterLab and provides a variety of plug-ins to support custom development.||Billing of DSW|
|Deep Learning Containers (DLC)||DLC is a cloud-native platform for basic AI computing jobs. DLC provides an elastic, stable, user-friendly, and high-performance environment for model training.||Billing of DLC|
|Elastic Algorithm Service (EAS)||You can deploy a trained model as a RESTful API in EAS to perform real-time inference.||Billing of EAS|
|Scenario-based solution||This module provides features such as multimedia analysis, and smart retail.||Billing of scenario-based solution|
- For information about billing FAQ, see FAQ about billing.
- For information about how to view the bills and resource usage details, see View bills and usage details.