This topic describes the resources that you must create before you can use Log Service to collect, transform, query, analyze, visualize, consume, or ship data or configure alert rules for data.
- Create an Alibaba Cloud account and complete real-name verification.
For more information, visit the Sign up to Alibaba Cloud page.
- Activate Log Service.
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- Activate Log Service as prompted.
Note When you activate Log Service, a service-linked role named AliyunServiceRoleForSLSAlert is automatically created. For more information, see Manage the AliyunServiceRoleForSLSAudit service-linked role.
- Before you call API operations, use SDKs, or use the command-line interface (CLI)
to manage resources in Log Service, you must create an AccessKey pair.
For more information, see Obtain an AccessKey pair.
- If you want to manage Log Service resources as a RAM user, you must create the RAM
user and grant the required permissions to the RAM user.
For more information, see Create a RAM user and authorize the RAM user to access Log Service.
- Create a Log Service project.
For more information, see Create a project.
- Create a store.
- Optional. Manage shards.
For more information, see Manage shards.