The quick analysis feature of Log Service allows you to perform a query with ease. You can use this feature to analyze the distribution of a field over a period of time.
Indexes are configured for specified fields. The analytics switch is turned on for these fields. For more information, see Configure indexes.
- Allows you to analyze the first 100,000 log entries that are returned for a query.
Note When you perform a quick analysis during the selected time range, the first 100,000 log entries are returned. If you use a saved search to query all data in a Logstore, you must delete the Limit 100000 clause.
- Groups fields of the TEXT type and provides statistics about the top 10 groups.
- Generates approx_distinct statements for fields of the TEXT type.
- Supports histogram-based statistics about the approximate distribution of fields of
the LONG and DOUBLE type.
Histogram-based statistics groups sampling data and calculates the average value of each group.
- Searches for the maximum, minimum, average, or sum of fields of the LONG and DOUBLE type.
- Generates a query statement based on a quick analysis.
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click the name of the project that you want to view.
- Choose . On the Logstores tab, click the Logstore that you want to view.
- On the Raw Logs tab, click the destination field in the Quick Analysis column.
- Provide grouping statistics for fields of the TEXT type and approximate distribution histogram-based statistics for fields of the LONG and DOUBLE type. For more information, see TEXT type or LONG and DOUBLE types.
- Provide query statements.
Click the icon next to the destination field. You are redirected to the Graph tab. A query statement for grouping statistics is provided in the search box.
- Calculate the number of unique values of a field.
In the Quick Analysis column, click Count Distinct Values under the destination field. You can obtain the number of unique values of the
- Display field names or aliases
Click the icon to specify whether to display field names or aliases. Aliases can be set when you configure indexes. For example, if you set the alias of host_name to host, host is displayed in the Quick Analysis column after you select Show Field Aliases.Note If you do not set an alias for a field, the field name is displayed after you select Show Field Aliases.
LONG and DOUBLE types
- Display approximate distribution by using histograms.
The number of field values of the LONG and DOUBLE types is large. The preceding grouping analytics method is not suitable for the LONG or DOUBLE type. Log Service assigns field values into 10 buckets and displays the approximate distribution of the values in a histogram. The following figure shows the approximate distribution of the request_time field. This distribution of field value indicates that most of the request periods are distributed around 1.346 ms.
- Quick analysis on the maximum value, minimum value, average and sum of fields.
You can click Max under a field to search for the maximum value, Min to search for the minimum value, Avg to calculate the average value, and Sum to calculate the sum of fields.