A project in Log Service is the resource management unit that is used to separate and manage different resources. This topic describes how to create and delete a project in the Log Service console.
Create a project
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click Create Project.
- In the Create Project panel, configure the parameters and click OK. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Project Name The name of the project. The name must be unique in a region. You cannot change the name after you create the project. Project Description The description of the project. Region Select a region based on your log sources. After you create a project, you cannot change the region where the project resides or migrate the project to another region.
If you want to collect logs from an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, we recommend that you select the region where the ECS instance resides. This way, Log Service can use the internal network of Alibaba Cloud to accelerate log collection.
View the endpoint of a project
After you create a project, you can view the endpoint of the project on the Overview page.
- In the Projects section, click the project that you want to view.
- On the Project Overview tab of the Overview page, view the endpoint of the project.
To access the projects that reside in different regions, you must use different endpoints. To access the projects that reside in the same region over a private network or the Internet, you must use different endpoints. For more information, see Endpoints.
Delete a project
- In the Projects section, find the project that you want to delete and click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Project panel, enter the project name and select a reason. Then, click OK.
Project-related API operations
|Create a project||CreateProject|
|Delete a project||DeleteProject|
|Query a project|
|Modify a project||UpdateProject|