ApsaraVideo Live provides the live stream recording feature that allows you to record live streams as on-demand videos. Then, you can store and manage the on-demand videos. You can store the recorded videos in Object Storage Service (OSS).
You can configure the recording settings to meet your requirements in different scenarios.
- Recording at the domain name, app, or stream level
You can record a specified live stream by specifying a domain name, an app name, or a stream name. For more information, see Store live recordings in OSS.
You can call the AddLiveAppRecordConfig operation and specify the start time and end time of recording so that you can record live streams as scheduled. For more information, see AddLiveAppRecordConfig.
You can configure a callback so that you can control the recording method of each live stream. For more information, see Callback for on-demand recording.
By default, ApsaraVideo Live does not automatically record live streams. You can call the RealTimeRecordCommand operation to record live streams. For more information, see RealTimeRecordCommand.
You can store the recorded videos in OSS.
Store the recorded videos in OSS
You can preview and manage the recorded videos in the OSS console or on the Recording Management page of the ApsaraVideo Live console. For more information, see Manage recordings.
To distribute the recorded videos, you can log on to the OSS console and configure a domain name for CDN for the OSS bucket that is used to store the recorded videos. Alibaba Cloud CDN delivers the recorded videos that are stored in the OSS bucket to the CDN nodes that are deployed all over China. Users can obtain required files from the CDN nodes nearest to them, instead of accessing the source files in the OSS bucket. This not only improves the access speed and experience of remote users but also reduces the overall network costs. For more information, see Configure OSS.
- You can record live streams in the FLV, MP4, or HLS format.
- All recorded videos preserve the original quality.
- If you record live streams in the HLS format, you can edit part URLs in .m3u8 index files.
- By default, the information about the recorded videos is stored in a live center for six months. For the live streams that were recorded in the last six months, you can query related information in the ApsaraVideo Live console or by calling the ApsaraVideo Live API. For the live streams that were recorded more than six months ago, you can query related information in the OSS console.
For more information about live stream recording, see Live stream recording.