Disclaimer: This topic may contain information about third-party products. The information is for reference only. Alibaba Cloud does not make a guarantee in any form of the performance and reliability of the third-party products, and potential impacts of operations on these products.
If you use IIS to build an FTP site in a Windows instance and use a client to access this FTP site, you cannot connect to the FTP site.
Take note of the following items:
- Before you perform high-risk operations such as modifying the specifications or data of an Alibaba Cloud instance, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instance to ensure data security.
- Before you modify the specifications or data of an Alibaba Cloud instance, such as an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance or an ApsaraDB RDS instance, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable backups for the instance. For example, you can enable log backups for an ApsaraDB RDS instance.
- If you have granted specific users the permissions on sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords, or submitted sensitive information in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify the sensitive information at the earliest opportunity.
If this error occurs when you access the FTP site, you can modify the FTP SSL settings of the FTP site. This method is applicable to servers with Windows 2003 or later. This topic uses Windows 2008 as an example.
- Connect to the Windows instance.
- Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager to find the FTP site.
- Click the FTP site, and then double-click FTP SSL Settings.
- Set SSL Policy to Allow SSL Connection and click Apply.
- Try to connect to the FTP site again and confirm to visit the site.
- Elastic Compute Service (ECS)