You can view the details of instances in the IoT Platform console. The details include the basic information, resource usage, and security status of each device. This helps you manage instances with high efficiency. This topic describes how to view the details of an instance.
For more information about IoT Platform instances, see Overview.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the instance whose details you
want to view resides
- On the Overview page, click the card of the instance whose details you want to view. The Instance Details page displays the details of the instance.
- Specify an alias for an Enterprise Edition instance.
The instance ID is used as the default alias. You can click Edit in the Basic information section on the Instance Details page to change the alias.
The alias can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). The alias must be 1 to 40 characters in length.
- The Real-time Running Data section on the Instance Details page displays information about the usage of instance resources and monitoring charts.
You can also configure alert rules on this page. The following table describes the metrics and the metric data that are displayed for different types of instances.Note If you use a public instance of the new version, this section displays the data of only the following metrics: Number of real-time online devices, TPS of Real-time Upstream & Downstream Messages, and Real-time Rules Engine TPS.
Instance type Metrics All instances Connections and Communications tab:
- Number of real-time online devices
- TPS of Upstream & Downstream Messages
- Real-time Rules Engine TPS
Video instances Video Service tab:
- Real-time Internet bandwidth consumption of streaming videos
- Real-time storage space occupied by videos
Standard instances for which LinkVisual is activated
If you want to configure an alert rule, click Alert Settings in the Real-time Running Data section. You are redirected to the CloudMonitor console. For more information, see Create a threshold-triggered alert rule.
In the upper part of the Instance Details page, click Threshold Alert. In the hint message that appears, click Upgrade next to the specification that you want to upgrade. For more information, see Purchase Enterprise Edition instances.
If the number of resources that are required by an instance exceeds the quota of a specification, you can perform the following steps: Click Threshold Alert in the upper part of the Instance Details page. In the hint message that appears, click View or Upgrade next to a metric.