The over-the-air (OTA) update feature of IoT Platform provides statistics. On the Data analysis tab, you can view statistics on the update package versions of a product and the success rate of each update batch. This helps you troubleshoot OTA update failures and improve the success rate of device updates.
|Distribution of Update Package Versions||Bar chart||Displays update package versions in descending order based on quantities. The top
five versions are displayed and the remaining versions are merged as Others.
You can move the pointer over a bar to view the update package version.
|Percentage of Update Package Versions||Table||Displays the proportions of update package versions in descending order. The columns of the table include Version, Total Devices, and Proportion.|
|Device List||Table||Displays update package versions and devices that correspond to each update package version. The columns of the table include Device Name and Update Package Version.|
|Success rate distribution|
|Upgrade success rate||Donut chart||Displays the proportions of successful and failed updates of source versions in all batches or a single batch.|
|Total distribution of source versions||Bar chart or table||Displays the information about update packages in descending order based on the quantities
of source versions. The detailed information includes Source version number, Number of upgrades, and Distribution proportion.
|Source version upgrade success rate ranking||Bar chart or table||Displays the information about update packages in descending order by success or failure
rate based on the Total distribution of source versions metric. The detailed information includes Source version number, Success, Failure, and Success rate or Failure rate.
Only top five source versions are displayed in a bar chart. An average value is calculated from the remaining source versions and displayed on the Others bar.
|Source version upgrade failure rate ranking|
|Failure Cause Distribution||Bar chart||Displays update failure causes in descending order based on percentages.
The failure causes include: Upgrade timeout, Version Error, Progress Error, and Upgrade Conflict.
For more information, see How do I troubleshoot OTA update errors?.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- On the Overview page, find the instance and click the instance name to go to the Instance Details page. Notice Enterprise Edition instances are available only in the China (shanghai) and Japan (Tokyo) region. If your IoT Platform is not activated in the China (shanghai) or Japan (Tokyo) region, skip this step.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Data analysis tab. . On the OTA Update page, click the
- On the Versions tab, select a product and a module. This tab displays the distribution information about module versions in the product. In the Device List section, you can select a version number and view the device information.
- Click the Success rate distribution tab. Select a product and an update package. This tab displays statistics on the success rate of each update batch. You can select an update batch to view the statistics on the success rate of the update batch.Note Statistics are generated after OTA update tasks succeed or fail.