IoT Platform charges you for message communication. Messaging fees are calculated based on the number of messages.
The following table describes specific billable items. For information about billable operations, see Appendix: Billable operations.
|Messages that are sent from devices by calling the Pub operation.|
|Requests that are sent from devices by calling the RPC operation.|
|RRPC responses that are sent from devices to the server.|
|Messages that are received by devices by calling the Sub operation.|
|Messages that are sent or received by devices by calling TSL-related operations.|
|Messages that are sent from servers by calling the Pub and PubBroadcast operations.|
|Messages that are pushed from IoT Platform to servers by using AMQP server-side subscriptions.|
|RPC responses that are sent from servers to devices.|
|Messages that are sent from the server by calling the RRPC operation.|
|Messages that are sent from servers by calling sub-device related operations.|
|Messages that are sent from servers by calling device shadow-related operations.|
|Messages that are sent from servers by calling TSL-related operations.|
Tiered pricing is used.
|Number of messages (N) per month||Unit price (USD per million messages)|
|N ≤ 0.1 billion||0.5|
|0.1 billion < N ≤ 1 billion||0.4|
|1 billion < N||0.3|
- Fees are calculated based on the number of messages. For information about billable items, see the preceding table.
- If the number of messages is less than 1 million, fees are calculated based on the actual number of messages.
Number of messages:
- If a message is at most 512 bytes in size, the message is counted as one billable message.
- If a message is more than 512 bytes in size, the message is counted as two or more billable messages.
- To calculate the number of billable messages, divide the message size into bytes by 512, and round the result up to the nearest integer.
- Messaging fees are calculated on a daily basis.
- The fees that are displayed in bills are accurate to two decimal places.
Appendix: Billable operations
|You can call these operations for free. However, you may be charged for receiving messages.||IOT_CMP_Register|
|Pub||Publishes a message to a specified topic.|
|PubBroadcast||Broadcasts a message.|
|RRpc||Sends an RRPC message.|
|DeleteDevice||Sends a message to the
|DisableThing||Sends a message to the
|EnableThing||Sends a message to the
|NotifyAddThingTopo||Sends a message to the
|UpdateDeviceShadow||Modifies the shadow information of a device.|
|InvokeThingService||Sends a message to the
|InvokeThingsService||Sends a message to the
|SetDeviceProperty||Sends a message to the
|SetDevicesProperty||Sends a message to the