You can use the rules engine of IoT Platform to forward data from specified topics to other topics or other Alibaba Cloud services.This topic describes how to create a data destination.
You can use functions in the parser script to forward data to other topics or cloud services. For more information, see Forward data to destinations.
Create a data destination
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- On the Overview page, find the instance that you want to manage and click the instance name to go
to the Instance Details page. Notice Enterprise Edition instances are available in the China (Shanghai) and Japan (Tokyo) regions. If the Enterprise Edition instances are unavailable in the region that you select, skip this step.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Optional:On the Data Forwarding page, click Go to New Version in the upper-right corner to go to the new version. Note If you have performed this step, the Data Forwarding page of the new version appears after you choose Rules > Data Forwarding.
- Click the Data Destination tab. On this tab, click Create Data Destination.
- In the Create Data Destination dialog box, configure the parameters and click OK. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Destination Name The name of the data destination. You can specify a custom name. The name letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-).. Data Destination Description The description of the data destination. Select Operation Specify a data forwarding destination. For more information, see Data forwarding examples.
- Optional:Repeat Step 5 and Step 6 to create multiple data destinations.
What to do next
- For more information, see Configure a parser.
- On the Data Destination tab, you can view the status of each data destination, check whether a data destination is configured, and check whether data is forwarded to a data destination as expected.