You can use the rules engine of IoT Platform to forward data from specified topics to other topics or other Alibaba Cloud services.This article describes how to create a data destination.
You can use functions in the parser script to forward data to other topics or cloud services. For more information, see Forward data to destinations.
Create a data destination
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- On the Overview page, find the instance and click the instance name to go to the Instance Details page. Notice Enterprise Edition instances are available only in the Japan (Tokyo) region. If your IoT Platform is not activated in the Japan (Tokyo) region, skip this step.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Optional:On the Data Forwarding page, click Go to New Version in the upper-right corner to go to the new version. Note If you have performed this step, the Data Forwarding page of the new version appears after you choose Rules > Data Forwarding.
- Click the Data Destination tab. On this tab, click Create Data Destination.
- In the Create Data Destination dialog box, set the parameters and then click OK. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Destination Name Enter a custom name. The name must be 1 to 30 characters in length, and can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). Data Destination Description Enter a description of the data destination. Select Operation Specify a data forwarding destination. For more information, see Data forwarding examples.
- Optional:Perform Step 5 and Step 6 to create multiple data destinations.