This topic describes the concepts that are used in Image Search. The concepts help you familiarize yourself with Image Search before you use the service.
- You can use the compute capabilities to extract image characteristics and compare image similarities.
- You can use the storage capabilities to store data about image characteristics.
Maximum image capacity
The maximum image capacity specifies the maximum number of images among which you can run searches.
An image gallery is generated based on the images that you upload after you purchase or create an instance. Image searches use image galleries to run searches.
- In the API-based upload method, you can call the corresponding API operation to add images. This ensures that the added images can be used for image searches in real time. This method is applicable if you need to add only a small number of images and need to use the added images for image searches in real time.
- In the OSS import method, you can import multiple images from an OSS bucket to an image gallery at a time. This method is applicable if you need to import millions or tens of millions of images.
A product category specifies the group to which a product belongs. When you use the product image search feature, you can determine whether to specify a product category for image additions or searches. If you specify a product category, the system uses the specified category for image searches. If you do not specify a product category, the system automatically predicts product categories. The prediction results are included in the responses.
If you specify a product category, the system searches for images based on the specified scope. This improves search accuracy.
- If you enable the feature, the system adds or searches for images based on the subject identification results.
- If you do not enable the feature, the system adds or searches for images based on all the image content.
The subject identification feature filters out irrelevant background information during image additions and image searches and improves search performance.
A filter condition is a condition that you use to filter data during image searches. You can specify filter conditions and image attributes to filter data. The filter conditions can be connected by the AND or the OR logical operator.