Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up SQL Server databases deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, you must register an SQL Server instance in the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Database Backup page, click the SQL Server tab.
- On the ECS Database Instance tab, click Register SQL Server Database Instance.
- In the Register SQL Server Database Instance panel, select the database that you want to register and click Next. Note All the databases in the current region are displayed. If you cannot find the database instance that you want to register, you can click Discover Database. Cloud Assistant automatically scans all database instances and discovers the database instances deployed on ECS.
- In the Config Link Info step, set the parameters and click OK. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Database Account The username of the database instance. Password The password of the database instance.After you register the SQL Server instance, HBR installs an ECS backup client on each node of the SQL Server instance. On the ECS Database Instance tab, you can view the installation status of the backup client on each node of the SQL Server instance. You can also upgrade an HBR client for ECS based on your business requirements.
What to do next
- Unregister an instance.
If you no longer need to back up a SQL Server database, click the ECS Database Instance tab. Then, choose in the Actions column to the right of the SQL Server database.
- Create a cluster.
If your SQL Server database instances belong to a cluster, you must create another cluster that consists of your SQL Server databases after you register the database instances. HBR backs up these database instances as a cluster to the same backup vault. On the ECS Database Instance tab, select a database instance. Click + Create Cluster, select the database instances that belong to the cluster, and click OK.