You can use tags to identify resources. You can use tags to categorize your ECS resources. This way, you can search and manage resources in a more efficient way. This topic describes how to use the tagging feature to back up ECS files.
You can create different tags for different ECS instances. For example, if you manage
teams or projects, you can create tags based on department or project and use these
tags to categorize your instances. For example, you can create a tag named
project:a for a project. This way, you can filter ECS instances based on the tag when you maintain
- Each tag consists of a key-value pair.
- A tag must be unique.
For example, the
company:atag is added to a backup vault. If you add the
company:btag to the backup vault, the company:a tag is replaced with the
- Tags are not shared across regions. For example, tags that are created in the China (Hangzhou) region are invisible to the China (Shanghai) region.
|The maximum length of a key||128 characters|
|The maximum length of a value||128 characters|
|The maximum number of custom tags that you can add to a resource||20|
|The key of a tag||
|The value of a tag||A tag value cannot contain
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the ECS File Backup page, click Old Version.
- In the Tags column, click the icon next to the name or ID of the ECS instance for which you want to create tags.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Edit.
- In the Key and Value fields, enter the key-value pair of a tag and click Save. If you want to create more than one tags, click Add a row to specify the key-value pair of a new tag.
Search for resources by tag
- You can search for a resource by using a key, as shown in the following example:
- You can search for a resource by using a key-value pair, as shown in the following
- You can search for a resource by using multiple key-value pairs, as shown in the following