This topic describes how to use Holo Client.
Overview of Holo Client
As your business develops, the size of your business data may rapidly increase. To help with data management, the Hologres team develops Holo Client based on Java Database Connectivity (JDBC). Holo Client allows you to write large amounts of data at a time and perform point queries that support a high volume of queries per second (QPS). For example, you can use Holo Client to synchronize large amounts of data to Hologres in real time or query data in a table that is associated with a dimension table.
Holo Client provides the following features:
- Holo Client automatically collects data in batches. This feature allows you to write multiple batches of data in real time with improved performances, and perform point queries, DELETE operations, and UPDATE operations that support a high volume of QPS based on primary keys. However, we recommend that you still use JDBC to perform online analytical processing (OLAP) queries.
- Holo Client automatically writes data to the corresponding partitions. This frees you from creating partitions in advance.
- Holo Client supports the subscription to Hologres binary logs. This feature is also supported by JDBC and allows data to be consumed in real time.
Use Holo Client
- Holo Client is open sourced. For more information about how to use Holo Client, see holo-client on GitHub.
- All Holo Client versions are published in a Maven repository that is accessible from the Internet. For more information about Holo Client versions, see com.alibaba.hologres:holo-client.