f3 instances use Xilinx FPGAs. When you create an FPGA-accelerated instance, you can use an image that is pre-installed with the FPGA development environment. This topic describes the parameters of which you must take note when you create FPGA-accelerated instances.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created and the account information is complete.
- A default virtual private cloud (VPC) is purchased in each region. If you do not want to use the default VPC, you can create a VPC and a vSwitch within the region in which you want to create the instance. For more information, see Create a VPC with an IPv4 CIDR block.
- A default security group is provided in each region. If you do not want to use the default security group, you can create a security group in the region in which you want to create the instance. For more information, see Create a security group.
- To bind an SSH key pair when you create a Linux instance, the SSH key pair must be created in the specified region. For more information, see Create an SSH key pair.
- To add user data for the instance, user data must be prepared. For more information, see Overview of ECS instance user data.
- To associate an ECS instance with a Resource Access Management (RAM) role, the RAM role must be created, permission policies must be attached to the role, and the role must be bound to the instance. For more information, see Attach an instance RAM role to an ECS instance.
A ticket is submitted to the FPGA as a service (FaaS) team for using an image. f3 instances must use an image that provides the Xilinx development environment. The image can only be shared to users by the FaaS team.
This section describes the parameters of which you must take note when you create FPGA-accelerated instances by using the ECS console. For information about other parameters, see Create an instance by using the wizard.
In addition to using the ECS console, you can use a variety of other methods to create FPGA-accelerated instances. For more information, see Provisioning methods of ECS instances.
- Go to the Custom Launch tab of the instance buy page in the ECS console.
- Complete the settings in the Basic Configurations step and click Next. The following table describes the parameters that you must set in the Basic Configurations step.
Parameter Description Region FPGA-accelerated instance types are available only within specific regions and zones. For more information, visit the ECS Instance Types Available for Each Region page.
Set the Billing Method parameter and enter an instance type name to search for the instance type.Note The types of resources that you can purchase are determined by your instance quotas. For more information, see View and increase instance quotas.
- Select Architecture. as
- Select Compute Optimized Type with FPGA as Category.
Image To create f3 instances, select Shared Image. and then select the image that was shared to you and pre-installed with the Xilinx development environment. Storage To create f3 instances, we recommend that you allocate a 200 GiB ultra disk as the system disk.
- Complete the settings in the Networking step and click Next. FPGA-accelerated instances can be deployed only in VPCs.
- Complete the settings in the System Configurations (Optional) step and click Next.
- Complete the settings in the Grouping (Optional) step and click Next.
- Read ECS Terms of Service and Refund Policies and Procedure. If you agree to them, select ECS Terms of Service | Refund Policies and Procedure.