This topic describes how to use an HTTP event source to integrate Shopify with EventBridge.
Shopify is a one-stop software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for e-commerce. Shopify provides technical resources and templates for e-commerce retailers to build online stores and manage business across all channels in marketing, selling, payment, and logistics. EventBridge supports fast integration with Shopify for you to manage events and alerts in a centralized manner.
Step 1: Create an event source for Shopify in EventBridge
- Request Type: Select HTTP&HTTPS.
- Request Method: Select a POST.
- Security Configuration: Select No Configuration Required.
Step 2: Configure notification settings in Shopify
- Log on to the Shopify console. In the lower-left corner of the store homepage, click Settings.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Notifications.
- On the Notifications page, find the Webhooks section and click Create webhook.
- In the Add webhook dialog box, set the parameters as required and click Save.
- Event: Select a type of event from the drop-down list as the trigger condition. In this example, Product creation is selected for the Event parameter, which indicates that when a product is created, an event is generated and pushed to EventBridge.
- URL: Enter the Internet request URL that is generated in Step 1.
Step 3: Trigger an event
Verify the result
- Log on to the EventBridge console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Buses.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Tracking to view and verify the obtained event information.