EventBridge allows you to trace, query, analyze, and process events that are published to event buses. The query results can be displayed in charts and tables. This topic describes the types, scenarios, and benefits of the event analysis feature.
- System event bus: analyzes Alibaba Cloud service event sources without schema binding. By default, EventBridge supports events that are generated by all Alibaba Cloud services.
- Custom event bus: allows you to query the content of custom events. You must bind the schema information of the event to perform full-domain event queries.
- Serverless: With the increasing application of serverless architectures, the event-driven capability is widely used in core chains. Serverless architectures eliminate the need to manage infrastructure. However, these architectures still have several pain points. For example, serverless architectures are not visualized and are difficult to debug. After you configure a trigger, checking whether the function is triggered and whether the trigger link works as expected is difficult. The event analysis feature of EventBridge solves the black box issue of triggering data in serverless architectures and makes event triggering visible.
- Microservice: Microservice architectures are commonly used in development scenarios. A microservice architecture is an integration of a collection of small-scale, loosely coupled, and independently deployable services. As a result, microservice architectures are difficult to debug. A minor fault in the system may cause large-scale service crashes. In most cases, you have to skip some normal services to debug a single request. The event analysis feature of EventBridge allows you to effectively track and troubleshoot all microservice messages by coloring the event IDs. This helps you troubleshoot microservices in a visualized manner.
- Message: Message schema management and content retrieval are unsolved issues in the traditional messaging field. In most cases, you must add subscribers to analyze messages offline. The EventBridge event analysis platform allows you to manage message schemas and query message content, and provides a comprehensive solution for message visualization.
- Cloud service: Cloud services significantly simplify the construction of infrastructure. However, these services have several issues. For example, error events may be triggered due to system errors or disk in Elastic Compute Service (ECS). In most cases, error events involve other services, such as Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK). In this case, capturing all the events from cloud services to perform troubleshooting is challenging. EventBridge supports the seamless access of all cloud service events. This significantly reduces the O&M failures that are caused by cloud service changes.
EventBridge provides capabilities such as key-value pair retrieval, visualized analysis, group-based analysis, event recording, event tracing, and schema management. These capabilities allow you to use EventBridge out of the box.
- Key-value pair retrieval: EventBridge provides basic key-value pair retrieval capabilities.
You can enter parameters such as
ORto query events.
- Visualized analysis: You can visualize analysis by using the GROUP BY and ORDER BY parameters. Group-based analysis, multi-chart analysis, and multi-dimensional analysis are supported.
- Tracing analysis: EventBridge provides event tracing to restore the link status of events. This helps you troubleshoot faults and locate link issues.
EventBridge supports the access of events by using the system event bus and custom event buses. The system event bus seamlessly supports the access of all Alibaba Cloud service events to the event analysis platform. Custom event buses support the access of events from services such as Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ and Message Queue for Apache Kafka.If you use custom event buses to analyze events, the effect on your business is negligible. You can disable or enable the event analysis feature at any time. This feature also enables online configuration and can take effect in real time.