This topic describes how to add Message Queue for Apache Kafka as a service type in an event stream in the EventBridge console.
- Activate EventBridge and grant permissions to a RAM user.
- Purchase and deploy a Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance and make sure that the instance is in the Running state. For more information, see Purchase and deploy an instance.
Create an event stream
- Log on to the EventBridge console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Streaming.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region and click Create EventStreaming.
- In the Create EventStreaming panel, configure the following parameters and click OK.
- In the Basic Information step, configure EventStreaming Name and Description, and click Next Step.
- In the Event Source step and Rule step, configure the event source and rule, and click Next Step.
- In the Event Target step, set the Service Type parameter to Message Queue for Kafka, configure the parameters that are described in the following table, and then click
Parameter Description Example Instance ID Select a Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance. test Topic Select a topic. test Confirm Mode Select the mode in which the Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance sends an acknowledgment (ACK) to a client after a message is received. None Message Content EventBridge extracts data from an event by using JSONPath and routes the specified content of the event to an event target. Partial Event
Message Key EventBridge extracts data from an event by using JSONPath and routes the specified content of the event to an event target. Partial Event
- Go back to the Event Streaming page. On the Event Streaming page, find the event stream that you created and click
Enable in the Actions column. This process requires about 30 to 60 seconds. You can view the progress in the Status column on the Event Streaming page.
Verify the result
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console, In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance is deployed.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. Click Details in the Operations column of the instance whose details you want to view.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Topics. On the Topics page, click the name of the topic.
- On the topic details page, click the Message Query tab, configure the query parameters, and then click Search.