This topic describes how to use the Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS) console to update an application that is deployed in an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) cluster by releasing the application to the specified instances at a time.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Applications.
- On the Applications page, select a region in the top navigation bar and select a namespace from the Microservice Namespace drop-down list. Select ECS Clusters from the Cluster Type drop-down list. Then, click the name of the application that you want to manage in the application list.
- On the Basic Information page, click Deploy Application in the upper-right corner.
- On the Select Deployment Mode page, click Start Deployment next to Regular Release (Single-batch/Multi-batch).
- On the Regular Release (Single-batch/Multi-batch) page, specify the deployment package and set other parameters for the current version
of the application, and configure a release policy. Then, click OK.
- Specify the deployment package and set other parameters for the current version of
Parameter Description Deployment Method The deployment method of the application. The deployment method is used when the application is deployed for the first time. This method cannot be changed. For example, a JAR package is used when the application is deployed for the first time. You can specify only JAR as the deployment method when you update the application.Note If you set the Deployment Method parameter to Historical Versions, the application is rolled back to its previous version. For more information, see Roll back an application. File Uploading Method The method used to upload the deployment package of the current application version. You can upload a JAR or WAR package, or specify the URL of a JAR or WAR package. The type of deployment package depends on the deployment package that is used when you deploy the application for the first time.
- If you select Upload JAR Package or Upload WAR Package, click Select File and upload the deployment package of the current application version.
- If you select JAR Package Address or WAR Package Address, enter the URL of the deployment package in the field. However, you must first upload the deployment package to a cloud service, such as Object Storage Service (OSS).
Version The current version of the application. You can enter the version number or click Use Timestamp as Version Number. Description The description of the current version.
- Configure a release policy.
Parameter Description Group The instance group in which you want to release the application to the specified instances in phases.
- If the current application has only one group, select All Groups from the Group drop-down list. The maximum number of instances of the current application is displayed in the parenthesis next to All Groups. The Group drop-down list also includes Default Group, which is the same as All Groups.
- If the current application has multiple groups, select a group as needed.
Note If you select All Groups, all instances in all groups of the application are updated based on the setting of the Batches per Group parameter.
Batches per Group The number of phases in which the application is released to the specified instances in the group. If you release the application to the specified instances at a time, set this parameter to 1 Batches. Batch Mode If you set the Batches per Group parameter to 1 Batches, this parameter is set to Automatic by default. Java Environment Valid values: Open JDK 8, Open JDK 7, and Dragonwell 8. Set this parameter as needed.
- Click OK. After the release is started, the Change Details page appears. On the Change Details page, you can view the progress and status of the release. For more information, see View application changes.
- Specify the deployment package and set other parameters for the current version of the application.
Verify the result
- View change records.
- On the application details page, click Change Records in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Change Records page, check whether the value in the Change Status column is Success.
- If the value is Success, the application is released.
- If the value is Execute failed, the application fails to be released. You can click View in the Actions column to view the change details and troubleshoot the problem.
- View application details.
- On the application details page, click Basic Information in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Basic Information page, click the Basic Information tab. In the Application Information section of the Basic Information tab, check whether the Deployment Package parameter indicates the latest deployment package.
- On the Basic Information page, click the Instance Information tab. On the Instance Information tab, check whether the value of the Running Status parameter is Normal.