You can configure an escalation policy for alerts that remain unresolved for extended periods of time. After you configure an escalation policy, Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS) sends alert notifications to contacts by using the notification method that you specified. This way, contacts can resolve the alert at their earliest opportunity.
Create an escalation policy
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- On the Applications page, select a region in the top navigation bar and an option from the Microservice Namespace drop-down list. Select ECS Clusters from the Cluster Type drop-down list. Then, click the name of the application that you want to manage.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the Notification policy list section, select the notification policy that you created, click the icon, and then click the edit icon.
- In the When an alert is generated section, set the Upgrade notification method parameter to Upgrade policy. Then, click Add.
- In the field of the dialog box that appears, enter a name for the escalation policy.
- In the section for configuring an escalation rule, specify a condition to trigger
the escalated notifications. This way, EDAS sends alert notifications if an alert
is not claimed or resolved by contacts for a specified period of time. For example,
you can specify that alert notifications are escalated and sent to the contacts when
an alert remains unclaimed for 10 minutes. Note To add an escalation rule, click +add rule.
Parameter Description Contact The recipients of alert notifications. You can specify one or more contacts, contact groups, or DingTalk groups to receive alert notifications. For more information about how to create a contact, see Create a contact. Notification method The method that is used to send alert notifications. Valid values: DingTalk, Mail, SMS, Phone, and WebHook. You can specify one or more notification methods.Note Before a contact can receive alert notifications by using phone calls, you must verify the phone number of the contact. For more information, see Verify a phone number. Notification period The time range during which the alert notification is repeatedly sent if the escalation rule is triggered. Number of repetitions The number of times that the alert notification is repeatedly sent. EDAS sends alert notifications to the contacts only when the escalation rule is triggered.Note EDAS sends the alert notification for once when you set the Number of repetitions parameter to 0.
- After the configuration is complete, click the icon in the upper-right corner.