The Alert Management module in Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS) is upgraded. This upgrade removes some features and pages, and updates some features and pages. The upgraded module also supports several new features. This topic describes changes in the Alert Management module to help you get started with the new module.
The notification policy feature is added to specify the dispatch, handling, and notification methods for alert events. When alert rules are triggered, EDAS sends alert notifications to contacts by using the notification method that you specify. This way, contacts can resolve issues at their earliest opportunity.
You can escalate notifications for alerts that remain unresolved for an extended period of time. After you add an escalation policy, EDAS sends alert notifications to contacts by using the notification method that you specify. This way, contacts can resolve issues at their earliest opportunity.
The new Alert Management module allows you to send alert notifications to DingTalk groups in the form of cards. You can block or claim alerts in DingTalk groups.
- Alert Rules page
The Alert Rules page is modified. After the Alert Management module is upgraded, you can create, view, modify, and manage specific types of alert rules on the Alert Rules page.
- Notification settings
After the upgrade, you cannot modify the notification settings for alert rules that you created in the old module. These settings include the alert contacts, notification templates, alert clearance notifications, intervals between repeated notifications, and validity period of alert rules. To modify these settings, you must migrate the settings to the Notification policy page in the new module. Then, you can modify these settings on the Notification policy page.
- The alert template feature is removed.
- Default alert rules
EDAS does not automatically create default alert rules for newly created or imported applications with application monitoring enabled.
Changes of the Alert Rules page
After the upgrade, you can choosein the left-side navigation pane. On the Alert Rules page, you can create, view, modify, and manage alert rules for application monitoring.
Changes of notification settings
In both the old and new Alert Management modules, you can select existing alert contacts or contact groups, modify the alert notification template, and specify the interval between repeated notifications and validity period of alert rules. When alerts are generated, EDAS sends alert notifications based on your settings.
After the upgrade, the notification policy feature is added. You can use this feature to configure settings about alert notifications. When you create notification policies, you can specify dispatch rules for alert events generated based on alert rules, methods that are used to handle and group alert events, contacts, notification methods, notification templates, intervals between repeated notifications, and escalation policies. After the upgrade, when you create alert rules, you must create notification policies or select existing notification policies to configure the notification settings.
We recommend that you create notification policies before you create an alert rule. This way, you can select an existing notification policy for the alert rule to configure the dispatch, handling, and notification methods of alert events. You can also create alert rules without specifying notification policies, but configure dispatch rules that support fuzzy match when you create a notification policy. This way, you can use the dispatch rules to match alert events generated based on alert rules, and specify the handling and notification methods for these alert events.
- For alert rules that are created in the old Alert Management module and are not associated with notification policies, you cannot view alert events generated based on these rules and the related alert notifications in the new module. To view the information, you can choose Previous Version. in the left-side navigation pane, and click
- In the new module, you cannot modify notification settings for alert rules that are
created in the old module. To modify these settings, migrate the settings to the Notification policy page in the new module. EDAS automatically creates notification policies from these
settings. You can then modify and save the migrated settings in the notification policies.
Take note of the following items:
- Make sure that all settings in the notification policies that EDAS automatically creates meet your business requirements. EDAS automatically sets some of the newly added parameters to default values. You can refer to the documentation and modify these parameters based on your business requirements.
- After you migrate settings to the Notification policy page, the format and content of alert notifications may change. Make sure that the notification content contains the keyword that you set when you configure a DingTalk chatbot for a DingTalk group. Otherwise, the DingTalk group cannot receive alert notifications.
- Alert rules and notification policies are not associated in one-to-one mode. Alert events generated based on an alert rule can use different notification policies. A notification policy can apply to alert events generated based on multiple alert rules.
Removal of the alert template feature
The alert template feature is removed from the new Alert Management module. We recommend that you apply an alert rule to monitor multiple applications in the new module. This method can be used as a substitute for the alert template feature.
Changes of default alert rules
In the old module, when you create or import applications with application monitoring enabled, EDAS automatically creates default alert rules for the applications based on alert templates.
After the upgrade, when you create or import applications with application monitoring enabled, EDAS does not automatically create default alert rules. However, the existing default alert rules can still be triggered.